SiriusXM has launched its anticipated podcast offering, following the satellite radio provider’s acquisition of the Stitcher and Simplecast platforms.
The company’s initial slate includes a series of new original podcasts from Marvel Entertainment, as well as SiriusXM hosts, and a “curated” selection of shows from Stitcher, FOX News, NBC News, CNN, NPR, ViacomCBS, The Wall Street Journal, HBO, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Joel Osteen Ministries, Wondery, Barstool, Westwood One, Crooked Media, TNT, WNYC Studios, Slate, PodcastOne, TED, Cadence13, Pineapple Street Studios, PRX, and Pushkin Industries. Kevin Hart‘s Laugh out Loud Radio will also roll out a series of new radio shows and podcasts next year.
“As the popularity of podcasts continues to expand, we’re thrilled to offer our subscribers an amazing selection of podcast entertainment and expand on our unmatched variety of compelling, must-hear programming,” said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM’s President and Chief Content Officer, in a release. “With exclusive new series from entertainment powerhouses like Marvel and Kevin Hart, SiriusXM originals from some of our most popular hosts, and a curated collection of top shows from leading providers, subscribers now have direct access to our new destination for podcasts without ever leaving the SiriusXM app. And with Stitcher and their catalog of hugely popular original podcasts joining the SiriusXM family, this is just the beginning.”
Available to stream via the SiriusXM mobile app or online, the launch coincides with its latest “Listen Free” campaign, which is running through Dec. 1.
Exclusive podcasts now available to stream include:
- Marvel/Method – A brand-new exclusive weekly SiriusXM podcast where Method Man interviews celebrity guests including Killer Mike, DMC, and Jemele Hill about life and all things fandom, Marvel comics, music, and more. (premiering today).
- Marvel’s Declassified – An exclusive nonfiction narrative podcast focusing on the rich, dynamic, and evolving history of Marvel Comics – as told through a contemporary lens (scheduled to premiere Dec. 8).
- Marvel’s Wastelanders – A new multi-part original scripted series available exclusively on SiriusXM featuring Marvel heroes Old Man Star-Lord, Grey Widow, Old Man Hawkeye, Old Man Wolverine, and more. (Coming in 2021)
Podcasts hosted by established SiriusXM hosts include:
- Huuuge Fan-Host LaChina Robinson welcomes celebs like Tracy Morgan, Darius Rucker, Ashley Judd, and Dierks Bentley to share their journeys about being rabid fans of their favourite sports teams.
- Jeff Lewis Has Issues– The former Flipping Out star and SiriusXM host dives into his personal issues – from relationships to parenting and beyond – with an array of friends and experts.
- Digging Up the Past with Christopher Russo – SiriusXM’s Christopher “Mad Dog” Russo takes a historical deep-dive into the events and innovations that have shaped the sports landscape, starting with a history of Thanksgiving-day NFL games and how they’ve become as much of a holiday staple as turkey dinners, featuring Bill Belichick, Earl Campbell, Bill Parcells, Gil Brandt and others.
- Podversaries – A new podcast series that tells the stories behind some of the greatest rivalries in sports history with the people who witnessed them firsthand.
- I Want My 80s Podcast– Each week, original MTV VJs Mark Goodman, Nina Blackwood, and Alan Hunter flash back to discuss and give personal insights into the defining moments of the 80s.
- Vital Signs – The doctors and staff at NYU Langone Health share moving personal stories from the front lines of the prestigious medical center.
- Exit 209 with Storme Warren – The host of SiriusXM’s The Highway traces the humble beginnings of country music’s biggest stars, starting with hugely popular duo Florida Georgia Line.
- Unboxing the 90s with Jim Shearer – The former MTV/VH1 VJ hangs out with the artists and celebs who defined the 90s to unbox the decade’s most indelible songs, entertainment, and cultural moments.
- Comic-Con Begins: An Oral History of San Diego Comic-Con – A six-part documentary series chronicling the rise of the legendary comic convention from its origins in the early 70s to its impact on modern-day fandom
- SiriusXM Comedy Docs – A collection of SiriusXM’s best new and archival comedy documentaries launching with Hope on Top: A Mitch Hedberg Oral History, a brand-new two-part special hosted by journalist Julie Seabaugh featuring commentary from comedians including Doug Stanhope and Dave Attell. Additional documentary podcasts from the SiriusXM Comedy vault will celebrate the careers of Robin Williams, Redd Foxx, Joan Rivers, among others.
SiriusXM plans to package highlights from dozens of other shows as podcasts, featuring hosts like Andy Cohen, Hoda Kotb, Gayle King, and Dan Rather. Over 60 Stitcher podcasts will also be available to stream, including Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend, Freakonomics Radio, Science Rules! With Bill Nye, Office Ladies, and Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness.
Subscribe Now – Free!
Broadcast Dialogue has been required reading in the Canadian broadcast media for 25 years. When you subscribe, you join a community of connected professionals from media and broadcast related sectors from across the country.
The Weekly Briefing from Broadcast Dialogue is delivered exclusively to subscribers by email every Thursday. It’s your link to critical industry news, timely people moves, and excellent career advancement opportunities.
Let’s get started right now.