Canadian Music Week (CMW) and Friends of Steve Young are once again posthumously saluting the late broadcaster with the Steve Young Broadcaster of the Year Award.
This will be the 13th annual award recognizing an outstanding young broadcaster.
Anyone working in the industry can nominate any worthy broadcaster so long as they meet the following criteria:
- Ordinarily the award goes to a candidate under the age of 30, but to make up for a lost year due to COVID, they will honour those who are under 31 years of age as of Dec 31, 2021
- Must work in the programming department: On-Air, Programming, Promotion, Production or Creative
- Must be nominated by another individual working in the radio industry
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Must have made a significant, documented contribution to the community they serve, the radio industry or their craft.
The deadline for entries is Friday, May 13 at midnight EST. Winners will be notified no later than Friday, May 22.
Click here to access the submission form.
Past nominees, including last year’s runners-up, can be re-nominated if they still meet the criteria.
Last year’s winner was Lauren Hunter of Sonic 102.9 (CHDI-FM) Edmonton.
Any questions can be directed to Steve Young Award co-chairs Bob Saint at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jim JJ Johnston at email@example.com.
Read more about Steve Young here.
Subscribe Now – Free!
Broadcast Dialogue has been required reading in the Canadian broadcast media for 30 years. When you subscribe, you join a community of connected professionals from media and broadcast related sectors from across the country.
The Weekly Briefing from Broadcast Dialogue is delivered exclusively to subscribers by email every Thursday. It’s your link to critical industry news, timely people moves, and excellent career advancement opportunities.
Let’s get started right now.