Waterloo, ON-based broadcast tech company Dejero will be awarded with a Technology & Engineering Emmy Award.
An innovator in cloud-managed solutions that provide video transport and internet connectivity while mobile or in remote locations, Dejero is being recognized for ‘excellence in engineering creativity’ in the category of Pioneering Reliable Transmission Method for Live Contribution and Distribution TV Links.
“We are honoured to have won such a prestigious award as we celebrate our tenth anniversary,” said Bogdan Frusina, founder and chief innovation and strategy officer at Dejero. “We started this journey a decade ago, driven by the desire to solve the connectivity challenges of television journalists in the field. We are proud to have greatly simplified and dramatically reduced the cost of broadcasting live from remote locations, helping to transform how news and live event coverage is delivered. We continue to advance the reliability, availability and convenience of remote connectivity in broadcast, while also solving similar first-mile connectivity challenges in other markets.”
One of Dejero’s latest innovations is CellSat, which in partnership with Intelsat, is a blended cellular and Ku-band IP satellite solution that uses the best attributes of both transmission paths and fuses them into one, reliably delivering the bandwidth needed to transmit broadcast-quality video in real time.
This year, Dejero will have managed over 10 Petabytes of data traffic. Counting one byte every second, it would take over 317 million years to count 10 Petabytes.
The 70th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards will take place in partnership with the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show at the Wynn Encore Hotel and Spa on Sunday, Apr. 7, 2019 in Las Vegas, NV.
Here is the full list of individuals and companies to be honored at the event:
- Pioneering Development of Mobile X-Band Radar Trucks for Television Weather Forecasting and Reporting
- NBCUniversal Company Owned Stations
- Accelerated Media Technologies Inc.
- Enterprise Electronics Corporation (EEC)
- Automated Sound Conformation
- Sounds in Sync
- Synchro Arts
- The Cargo Cult
- 3D Engine Software for the Production of Animation
- Unity Technologies
- Epic Games Inc.
- Cost Effective Crowd Simulation Tools
- Pioneering Development of Packet Impairment Test Generator for SMPTE ST 2022 Digital Video over IP
- Development of a Ku Satellite-Based Communication System for Early Satellite Newsgathering
- Conus Communications (Hubbard Broadcasting)
- Large-Scale “At Home” Production for Live Sports
- NASCAR Productions
- PSSI Global Services
- Big Ten Network
- Large-Scale Distributed Production for Live Sports
- NBC Sports
- Standardization of HTML5, Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) and Media Source Extensions (MSE) for a Full TV Experience
- Pioneering Reliable Transmission Method for Live Contribution and Distribution TV Links
- AVI West
- Pioneering Development of the Single-Chip Color Camera
- Peter Dillon
- Al Brault
Subscribe Now – Free!
Broadcast Dialogue has been required reading in the Canadian broadcast media for 25 years. When you subscribe, you join a community of connected professionals from media and broadcast related sectors from across the country.
The Weekly Briefing from Broadcast Dialogue is delivered exclusively to subscribers by email every Thursday. It’s your link to critical industry news, timely people moves, and excellent career advancement opportunities.
Let’s get started right now.