Crave, the Bell Media-owned multi-platform streaming service, is offering its first-ever free preview this weekend on its linear channels, highlighted by the much-anticipated Season 3 premiere of HBO drama True Detective, starring Oscar-winner Mahershala Ali.
From today (Jan. 11) to Monday, Jan. 14 (ending at 11 a.m. ET/MT), three Crave channels – Crave 1, HBO 1, HBO 2 – are unlocked to give cable subscribers access to offerings like uncut and commercial-free movies, HBO content, and a sampling of SHOWTIME programming.
The free preview is available via participating television providers across Canada including Bell, Bell Aliant, BellMTS, Cogeco, Eastlink, Rogers, Shaw, Shaw Direct, Telus, and others. Canadians should check their local listings for the full schedule and for channel numbers in their region.
In addition to the Season 3 premiere of True Detective, which will air Sunday, Jan. 13 with back-to-back episodes at 9 and 10 p.m. ET, other titles airing during the free preview weekend include:
- the premiere of Sicario: Day of the Soldado
- box office hits like Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle; Wonder Woman; The Greatest Showman; Get Out; and Spiderman: Homecoming
- Oscar-winning films Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and Call Me By Your Name
- family-friendly titles Paddington 2, Peter Rabbit, and Emoji Movie
- HBO series, documentaries, and films such as Veep (Season 6); The Jinx: The Life And Deaths Of Robert Durst; Jane Fonda In Five Five Acts; Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind; The Wizard of Lies; My Dinner With Herve; among other titles
- the Season 6 finale of SHOWTIME’s hit drama series Ray Donovan
Bell Media rebranded Crave in November, combining The Movie Network (TMN), HBO Canada and CraveTV into a singular streaming service, while also making Crave available through television service providers and direct to consumers. Read more here.
Subscribe Now – Free!
Broadcast Dialogue has been required reading in the Canadian broadcast media for 25 years. When you subscribe, you join a community of connected professionals from media and broadcast related sectors from across the country.
The Weekly Briefing from Broadcast Dialogue is delivered exclusively to subscribers by email every Thursday. It’s your link to critical industry news, timely people moves, and excellent career advancement opportunities.
Let’s get started right now.