Bell Media has undertaken a coast-to-coast reorganization of its radio properties bringing 25 stations under the BOUNCE Radio umbrella.
The rebrand to the Adult Hits format, focused on hits from the ’80s, ’90s, and ’00s, sees iHeartRadio Canada distance itself from several iconic brands including BOB FM, which originated in Winnipeg in 2002, as well as The Dock Classic Hits branding in several Ontario markets, and the EZ Rock Adult Contemporary format which was carried by 11 stations across the Okanagan and northern B.C.
The stations now branded under the BOUNCE Radio format are:
- Winnipeg’s BOUNCE 99.9 (CFWM-FM, formerly BOB FM)
- Hamilton’s BOUNCE 102.9 (CKLH-FM, formerly K-Lite)
- Kitchener–Waterloo’s BOUNCE 99.5 (CKKW-FM, formerly KFUN)
- Brandon’s BOUNCE 96.1 (CKX-FM, formerly BOB FM)
- Grey-Bruce’s BOUNCE 92.3 (CJOS-FM, formerly 92.3 The Dock)
- Simcoe County’s BOUNCE 104.1 (CICZ-FM, formerly 104.1 The Dock)
- Lindsay’s BOUNCE 91.9 (CKLY-FM, formerly BOB FM)
- Fredericton’s BOUNCE 105.3 (CFXY-FM, formerly The Fox 105.3)
- Truro, Nova Scotia’s BOUNCE 100.9 (CKTO-FM, formerly Big Dog)
- Grand Falls’ BOUNCE 93 (CIKX-FM, formerly K93)
- Bathurst’s BOUNCE 104.9 (CKBC-FM, formerly Max 104.9 FM)
- Brockville’s BOUNCE 103.7 (CJPT-FM, formerly BOB FM)
- Fort St. John’s BOUNCE 101.5 (CKNL-FM, formerly 101.5 The Bear)
- Fort Nelson’s BOUNCE 102.3 (CKRX-FM), formerly 102.3 The Bear)
- Penticton’s BOUNCE 800 AM (CKOR-AM, formerly EZ Rock)
- Summerland’s BOUNCE 98.5 (CHOR-FM, formerly EZ Rock)
- Osoyoos’ BOUNCE 1240 AM (CJOR-AM, formerly EZ Rock)
- Nelson’s 106.9 (CKKC-FM, formerly EZ Rock)
- Trail’s BOUNCE 95.7 (CJAT-FM, formerly EZ Rock)
- Salmon Arm’s BOUNCE 91.5 (CKXR-FM, formerly EZ Rock)
- Revelstoke’s BOUNCE 106.1 (CKCR-FM, formerly EZ Rock)
- Golden’s BOUNCE 106.3 (CKGR-FM, formerly EZ Rock)
- Terrace’s BOUNCE 590 AM (CFTK-AM, formerly EZ Rock)
- Kitimat’s BOUNCE 97.7 (CKTK-FM, formerly EZ Rock)
- Prince Rupert’s BOUNCE 99.1 (CHTK-FM, formerly EZ Rock)
Bell Media says all BOUNCE Radio stations will continue to be anchored by homegrown morning shows.
“We’re excited to introduce BOUNCE Radio to the iHeartRadio Canada family,” said Dave Daigle, Vice President, Radio, Local TV, and Bell Media Studios, in a release. “BOUNCE Radio provides a dose of nostalgia, with upbeat programming and favourite morning shows so listeners can start their days off right.”
“We look forward to continuing the strong relationships the stations have built with listeners through this new national brand,” added Sarah Cummings, Director, Radio Content, iHeart Radio Canada. “With engaging programming for each market mixed with a fun new format, BOUNCE Radio stations are the perfect companion for listeners throughout their days.”
Subscribe Now – Free!
Broadcast Dialogue has been required reading in the Canadian broadcast media for 25 years. When you subscribe, you join a community of connected professionals from media and broadcast related sectors from across the country.
The Weekly Briefing from Broadcast Dialogue is delivered exclusively to subscribers by email every Thursday. It’s your link to critical industry news, timely people moves, and excellent career advancement opportunities.
Let’s get started right now.