Position Title: Video Journalist
Manager: Tom Lister
Hours: Full-Time Permanent (40 hours/week), flexible as news requires
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Application deadline: May 15, 2021
Miracle Channel is looking for a Full-time Video Journalist to join our Bridge City News production team! The right candidate will be a dedicated well-rounded individual with strong videography and copy writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report on Southern Alberta news and events using videography, still photography, on-camera present and strong written copy
- Post on social media news account as assigned
- Occasional investigative journalism, particularly in the area of political and social issues, may be required from time to time
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a newsroom setting is an asset
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Creative writing
- Ability to think on your feet and produce news coverage
- Passionate to discover new and relevant stories that relate to Miracle Channel’s audience
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to travel as necessary
- Possess a current valid driver’s license
- Use of personal vehicle for assignments may be required
- Be comfortable working in a faith-based Christian environment
About our Organization:
The Miracle Channel is a non-profit organization that has been committed to broadcasting faith-based programming across Canada since 1996. Miracle Channel is a professional and inclusive work environment. All team members are required to respect one another, as well as their beliefs and worldviews.
The primary focus of Bridge City News is to report the news of what is happening in Southern Alberta & around the world to those in our local market. We want to tell your stories from your perspective while maintaining integrity & balance in our journalism as we seek to give Western Canada a voice.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the job, please apply with your resume, cover letter and portfolio/demo reel to the attention of Tom Lister at email@example.com by May 15, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org