Supervisor, Production Support (English Services) – YEL00295
Job Family: Technical and Production
Primary Location: Yellowknife
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Financial assistance is provided to help offset expenses related to relocation. In addition, allowances and provisions for employees working in isolated locations apply.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Production Services locally based in Yellowknife, the Supervisor will manage the CBC North Technological Maintenance staff and resources in order to provide equipment and facilities that are maintained in proper working order to meet production requirements in our buildings and on remotes.
The incumbent is responsible for the day to day management of IT resources and data networks and will be the primary point of contact with CBC telephony (administers, deploys and supports Corporate cellular plans and devices), IT and network support personnel in Toronto and Montreal.
They supervise maintenance technologists and ensures staff adherence to superior standards of client service.
The Supervisor determines training and development requirements and arranges on the job training. In conjunction with the Senior Manager, determines and administers appropriate discipline consistent with Human Resources Policy and appropriate Collective Agreements as well as plans and negotiates appropriate assignment of staff, resolves staff and assignment conflicts.
Oversee the employment of sound maintenance management principles including preventative maintenance and repair and record keeping for each piece of technology along with maintenance histories. Oversee appropriate inventories of technical parts and supplies to facilitate this end, includes sourcing and ordering parts and equipment.
In collaboration with Media Engineering staff, the Supervisor ensures compliance to CBC standards for all technical installations and modifications of technical equipment and facilities and provides consultation on engineering projects and recommends equipment for projects.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- College certificate or diploma in Information Technology or Electronics or the equivalent.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience supervising staff as well as managing technical equipment, ideally in a professional TV/radio production environment.
- A thorough understanding of Electrical, Electronic Engineering and Computer Technology with application to radio & television equipment.
- A broad professional understanding of Radio & TV program production.
- Excellent depth of knowledge at a systems administrator level with Windows, Linux, OSX, Android, & IOS operating systems.
- Working knowledge and experience maintaining Cisco network equipment and Avaya VOIP telephony.
- Experience in Help Desk operations troubleshooting simple and complex problems encountered by a diverse user base.
- Ability to summarize and explain technical terms to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated expertise in planning and coordination.
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Ability to engage, influence and develop the people on your team.
- Ability to innovate methods and processes.
- Analytical mind and ability to solve problems quickly.
- Proven leadership and a high level of interpersonal skills to communicate and negotiate diplomatically with a wide variety of people.
- Requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to deal with people with sensitivity and assertiveness in constantly changing situations.
- Working in a northern cross-cultural environment, incumbent must acknowledge and appreciate cultural differences, adapting work and communication methods in a culturally sensitive manner adapting to meet the needs of the client.
- Experience in change management procedures and documentation.
- Experience in working a cross cultural diverse workplace.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while being interrupted with other tasks and changing priorities.
- Experience supervising and scheduling employees in a unionized environment an asset.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website.
All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/60882d984a3032051f31cba3/51fc022458b70066fae4a25e/en
To apply for this job please visit rita.illicohodes.com.