Senior Remote Area Transmitter Technologist (MTIS) – TOR07914
Job Family: Broadcast Engineering
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
Behind the scenes, but ahead of the curve: help us develop the next-generation public broadcaster.
Created in 2015 to align, lighten and modernize infrastructure, MTIS is the backbone and the future forward arm of CBC/ Radio-Canada. We are the people that make stuff work. We make connections; between media content, systems, people and places. We are the space in between.
A place with purpose. CBC/Radio-Canada has always been a highly-regarded pioneer of media technology. Not just in Canada, but around the world. Today, we’re transforming ourselves from conventional radio and television broadcaster into a modern digital media company. Technology is the driving force. MTIS is the team making it happen.
The Transmission division of CBC/Radio-Canada is looking for a bright and energetic individual to join its Toronto team in the role of a Senior Remote Area Transmitter Technologist. The successful candidate will be involved in installing, troubleshooting, and modifying transmission equipment, satellite communication systems, and facilities ensuring their proper operating condition. You will also align, test and configure equipment and systems, including the related software, in order to obtain and confirm optimal performance or to identify existing or potential problems.
Also, you will perform and document repairs and regular preventive maintenance procedures according to established procedures and corporate standards. You will carry out and assist in the development of quality control procedures, prepare and correct documents, schematics, functional drawings, specification tables and layout diagrams. In addition, you will contact suppliers for equipment, services or advice, and operate motor vehicles. You guide the development and assist in the training of other employees, as well as contribute ideas and make recommendations to overcome problems or achieve desired results.
As required, you may troubleshoot and maintain other equipment associated with remote transmitter sites; maintain complete transmitter sites including buildings, grounds and roads; travel to remote locations under short notice and difficult conditions and work on satellite dishes.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- • Must possess at least a two (2) year Post-Secondary technologist diploma form a recognized college in an appropriate discipline or its equivalent as determined by the Corporation.
- • Practical and relevant experience would be considered an asset.
- • Requires overall general knowledge regarding maintenance of equipment, systems and relevant software technologies.
- • Must possess a valid driver’s license as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/RadioCanada’s insurance company.
- • Frequent travel may be required and includes long distance trips.
- • Must be able to travel and to work alone at remote locations under difficult conditions.
- • Must be able to meet the identified physical requirements of the position.
- • Problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills needed.
- • Self-motivated, initiative, conscientious.
- • Able to grasp new concepts quickly.
- • Reliable and autonomous.
- • Work under minimum supervision.
- • Work in a team environment or individually.
- • Available for overtime.
- • Hours of work: 24/7 operation with occasional shift requirement to cover work outside of standard daytime working hours.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consult these guidelines for helpful tips on how to apply, know what’s the process, and how to put your best foot forward.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/614cab5e9266d20edc7a9659/51fc022458b70066fae4a25e/en
To apply for this job please visit rita.illicohodes.com.