Senior Manager, Production Services, Manitoba and Saskatchewan (English Services) – WIN00768
Job Family: Media Production
Primary Location: Winnipeg
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Your role as the Senior Manager of Productions Services, Media Production for Manitoba and Saskatchewan is a key part of the CBC Local Services leadership team.
Guided by the Local Services Vision, Purpose and Strategy and the pillars of Content, Community and Culture, the core focus of this position is leading change – and being a pro-active partner in change with the leadership teams and staff.
The position requires a commitment to public service and putting our audiences and communities first in a rapidly changing media landscape. You will have a strong focus on driving strategy, constant collaboration, innovation and risk taking across the region and the organization. You will also demonstrate a clear commitment to inspiring and developing staff, and creating an inclusive, diverse and creative work culture.
You will be responsible for planning, coordinating and directing staff and production resources at our operations in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. You will also be responsible for the physical assets and building management, along with providing specialized technical and production guidance to our program and content teams across all platforms.
You will be a forward-thinking, solutions-oriented, risk-taking leader with a demonstrated history of excellence, resourcefulness and resilience.
The position is based in Winnipeg.
What you bring:
- Dynamic, people-focused, strategic leadership with experience in successfully leading teams through change.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate organizational objectives and values to employees and colleagues in order to motivate and direct them. Excellent writing skills.
- Proven experience in developing and sustaining highly-engaged, well-performing and adaptive teams.
- An understanding that coaching and collaboration are key methods in helping teams move forward to achieve and surpass local, regional and corporate goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to be both bold and brave against strategic objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of media, digital and broadcast production and technologies. You have the capacity and thirst for learning to lead teams in a quickly evolving digital multi-platform space.
- Solid planning and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to implement strategies and plans successfully in a smart, engaged workplace.
- Strong critical thinking skills to analyze, understand and conceive workflows, processes, teams and systems that optimizes resources.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and/or projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while keeping teams focussed. You have the ability to be flexible and can shift gears quickly.
- Experience leading and working in a unionized environment with a familiarity of collective agreements.
- Proven experience managing budgets.
- Ability to make timely, fair and effective decisions while being accountable with a strong sense of professionalism and integrity.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5daded86ae1da6ad37e099cb/51fc022458b70066fae4a25e/en
To apply for this job please visit rita.illicohodes.com.