Westman Radio Ltd.
WESTMAN RADIO LTD. is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced, and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
This leadership position is responsible for directing and leading our sales team. Embodying a high level of expertise in sales planning, client acquisition, and execution, this leader with an exceptional vision will implement, champion, and deliver a superior client experience.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a client focused leader, that leads from experience, by example and by business authority while proactively creating scaled systems, processes, and procedures to meet the needs, challenges and opportunities of our organization. They are passionate about standard methodologies, operational excellence, and challenging the status quo in pursuit of best practices in execution and achieving business success.
Management and Administration
- Develop and execute sales targets both for digital and radio broadcasting platforms
- Assess, develop, plan and implement innovative business development and client retention strategies and programs, working closely with other department managers and executives, to ensure sales initiatives meet and integrate with organizational objectives, values and quality of service
- Review, recommend and monitor key business performance indicators, departmental metrics, and measures to support service quality, client retention, and the achievement of financial goals while staying current with market trends and technology
- Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Participate in the development of the Corporate Business Plan by serving as a key resource to ensure sales revenue, targets, risks, and initiatives are identified and appropriately addressed
- Conduct budget planning and monitoring of expenditures and reporting, including ongoing forecasting and revenue projections
- Recommend, support, and implement new or modified approaches, policies, and procedures to maximize productivity and build long-term, sustainable success
- Prepare and present periodic reports and presentations for leadership on the achievement of program goals, operational standards, issues, risks, and adherence to operational budgets
- Supports, communicates, and reinforces the mission, values, philosophy, and culture of the organization.
Leadership & Employee Development
- Creates and fosters a team environment built on trust, accountability, inclusion, and innovation
- Mentors, coaches and develops employees within the department to ensure short and long term succession capacity; the achievement of sales and targets for new and existing business; provide regular coaching on effective ways to foster growth; preparing client proposals; establishing and servicing client relationships.
- Leads employee selection, training, guidance, performance management and development to ensure department objectives, goals and performance standards are met
- Leads and promotes positive change within the department and organization
- Proven commitment to the team and organization by actively participating on various committees, cross functional teams, and with organizational initiatives.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Advertising or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a sales leadership role
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive alliances and partnerships with internal and external customers
- Effective written and verbal communication in conjunction with training skills
- Synthesizes, distills, and communicates complex information at an exceptionally high and nuanced level
- Ability to work multi-functionally with all levels of internal staff
- Functions autonomously and proactively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly organized, self-motivated; leadership style of continuous improvement
- Strong leadership presence with a high motivation to meet personal, team and corporate goals
- Demonstrated strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- Quickly establishes positive relationships that engender trust and motivate others to invest in organizational goals, processes, and systems
- Establishes and communicates clear expectations, deliverables, and deadlines
- Positively leads and motivates cross-functional teams
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data analysis abilities
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities
- Exceptional computer software skills (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Demonstrated capabilities in proposal development
- A champion of change and continuous improvement.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Monday, June 29, 2020. When applying for this position, please reference the position title in the subject line and/ or body of the email and/ or cover letter.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Krista Derksen E-mail: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org