If you have a passion for local news and love being on the air, the perfect opportunity awaits you in West Central Alberta!
94.5 Rewind Radio, a division of Pattison Media, is looking for a full-time Newsperson/Morning Show Co-host, with a primary focus on covering breaking news, beat reporting for online and radio, reading radio newscasts, and being an informative and energetic co-host on our morning show!
The person we’re looking for is a great storyteller with a strong on-air presence, digital-first mindset, and a winning attitude.
Other qualifications and duties include:
- Developing story ideas, writing, shooting, and editing news for online publishing and on-air broadcast
- Using editorial judgement to help determine content of newscasts
- Attending both Town and County council meetings
- Having a strong working knowledge of Canadian Press (CP) style print journalism
- Strong interview skills and a team player
- Meeting deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Being adept at all delivery platforms, including engagement on the web and social media
- Performing other tasks as required
- Broadcast Journalism degree or diploma
This is a great opportunity to join an action-packed news team that also includes colleagues in Red Deer, Drayton Valley and Whitecourt, AB. If this is the gig for you, apply today!
Please send your resume, writing samples, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID form by October 8, 2021 to:
*Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at pattisonmedia.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential*
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self-identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org