Title: Producer NEWSTALK1010 Radio, Bell Media
Req ID: 244852
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
NEWSTALK 1010 Radio is looking for a talented and highly motivated person to produce the station’s signature show “The Rush with Ryan and Jay”. Here is what you need to be able to bring to one of the most uniquely entertaining shows in North America.
- In collaboration with the team, help create the show’s daily editorial direction
- Identify, chase and book the biggest names and compelling characters
- Work closely with show hosts to develop and deliver creative show segments
- Build on the success of the show’s industry leading multi-platform content creation and distribution
- Coordinate and distribute all important content for podcasting and all social media channels including Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Develop meaningful and collaborative relationships with talent and production staff from all areas within Bell Media Inc
- Identify revenue opportunities within the show and work closely with the Sales team
- In addition, commit to a continuous long range editorial plan for the show
- Commitment to detail and accuracy
- Previous Radio show producer experience in a major market
- Outstanding editorial judgment and a passion for news and social issues
- A tireless idea generator. Find the stories. Find the opportunities
- Possess an extensive contact list newsmakers and media professionals
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- A demonstrated ability to be creative and have a good sense of humour
- Ability to thrive under multiple deadlines
- Outstanding social media skills
- Familiarity with Burli audio software
- Understanding of television production a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and overtime as required
- Be positive. Be proactive. Be a leader by example
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 11/30/2019
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bce.ca.