Producer/Host (English Services) – VAN00888 Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web) Primary Location: Vancouver Status of Employment: Temporary, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
The Host/Producer is responsible primarily for the weekend late night television newscast that serves British Columbia. You will assign and oversee all weekend evening staff and freelancers to effectively and efficiently cover the stories and issues affecting the people of British Columbia for all platforms. You are a member of the TV Content Unit and are supervised by the Senior Producer of Television News.
In this opportunity you host the late night weekend television program on Saturdays and Sundays and work as a Reporter/Editor for three days a week, providing content to all media platforms.
You will place a strong emphasis on community reflection and BIPOC representation, developing the show’s writing, production and journalistic skills and social media performance. In this role you will also coordinate with the assignment desk/other programs and leaders.
This is a full time temporary opportunity until October 2021.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Strong team leader, seen as a ‘people leader’ with the ability to inspire others.
- Demonstrated talent as a programmer with an ear for pacing, tone, presentation and production.
- Commitment to reflecting community and diversity.
- Demonstrated connection with the communities of British Columbia.
- Superior writing, editorial and production skills. Interest in cross-platform media production.
- Strong, proven digital experience.
- Credible on-air presence.
- Solid journalistic background, includes experience hosting.
- Ability to choose relevant, audience focused stories, which reflect issues being discussed by the general public.
- Quick to react and respond to breaking stories.
- Interest and knowledge of events and issues in British Columbia.
- Demonstrated skills in the area of conflict resolution, mentoring, talent recognition and development.
- Innovator and risk taker.
- University degree or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience of which three must involve work in broadcasting or a closely related industry, which is directly related to the area of assignment.
Please provide a link to your online demo.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5f5bfd84a560941a26d13214/51fc022458b70066fae4a25e/en
To apply for this job please visit rita.illicohodes.com.