Website Pattison Media Ltd
Canada's largest western based Media company!
Pattison Media is in search of a Trainee Broadcast Technician for the vibrant Red Deer/Calgary region. If you are a proactive and motivated individual seeking challenges and eager to learn, while collaborating with a team of seasoned technicians to pave the way for future roles as a Technical Manager at Pattison Media, we want to connect with you.
• Undertake maintenance, repair, and installation of audio/video studio and transmission equipment, computer hardware, servers, and networks.
• Contribute to the technical operations of our radio stations.
• Assist in designing and implementing radio broadcast solutions.
• Support technical requirements for remote broadcasting.
• Collaborate on studio and transmitter projects alongside the Technical Manager.
• Develop and manage technical records and drawings using MS Excel and MS Visio.
• Provide 24/7 on-call support.
• Engage with other departments regarding technical aspects.
Qualifications (in order of importance):
• Demonstrate passion and a positive work attitude.
• Thrive in a collaborative and creative team environment.
• Hold a degree from a recognized Broadcast Electronics Technician or Technologist program.
• No prior experience as a Broadcast Technician is necessary; everyone starts somewhere.
• Possess strong attention to detail, ensuring project completion.
• Hold a valid driver’s license, as travel may be required.
• Display a willingness to learn and stay updated on broadcast, computer, and transmission systems.
• Maintain physical fitness for safe and independent task execution.
• Be open to relocation within Western Canada
You can apply online at www.pattisonmedia.com/careers or send your resume, cover letter, and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID Form by February 23, 2024, to:
Director of Technical Services
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those designated groups in our company.