The Nanaimo B.C. division of Pattison Media is looking for a driven individual, passionate about local news and the local impacts of regional, provincial, and national stories.
You would be a key part to our fast-paced NanaimoNewsNOW team, the number one source for local news in Nanaimo. You would produce regular digital content and anchor newscasts on our network of radio stations across Vancouver Island.
We are seeking someone who knows the importance of telling a local story, providing context on why that story matters, connecting with an audience and delivering timely, accurate news to our growing base of readers and listeners.
- Source and develop your own content, in conjunction with coverage of breaking news and other assigned stories
- Use editorial judgement to help determine content of daily news coverage
- Work in and add to a supportive, collaborative team environment
- Anchor live and recorded radio newscasts
- Assist in production of regular multimedia features on NanaimoNewsNOW
- Performing other tasks as required by supervisor
Required qualifications and experience include:
- Broadcast journalism degree or diploma, or demonstrated relevant experience in a related field
- Strong digital skill set including video and audio production, photography
- Strong background in a variety of social media platforms and website content management system
- Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to comfortably write for both radio and longer-form digital articles
- Have a strong working knowledge of and adhere to the Canadian Press (CP) style of print journalism
- Familiarity with KLZ Newsroom is an asset
- Familiarity with Nanaimo and central Vancouver Island issues is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
Please send your resume, writing examples, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID form by September 17th, 2021, to:
News Director, Island Radio Nanaimo/Parksville
*Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at pattisonmedia.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential*
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.
To apply for this job email your details to Alex.Rawnsley@pattisonmedia.com