Acadia Broadcasting Ltd.
CJLS Y95.5 in Yarmouth, NS has an exciting opportunity for you to join Acadia Broadcasting Limited’s team as the leader and coach of our newsroom.
Th News Director reports to the Station Manager and oversees the daily operation of the newsroom. The integrity of our newsroom is a key factor in the success of our station(s) in the communities we serve.
You will be required to anchor newscasts, generate stories, lead talent development, cover local events, update the web page(s) and distribute content via social media.
- The News Director will ensure the overall quality of the on-air and online news product meets or exceeds the expectations of our listeners and web consumers.
- Managing the stations’ news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and leading a team which produces between 6 and 9 hours of local/regional news each week.
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and ethical standards are being met and subsequently provide regular feedback to all members of your team.
- You lead by example, but are also a coach.
- You will need to assign stories and plan for coverage of local events. Strong time management and organizational skills are a must.
- You must adhere to the RTDNA Code of Ethics and Acadia Broadcasting Limited policies.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with and show leadership in developing technology for news gathering. Some other key skills we are looking for include:
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
- Good listening and problem-solving skills.
- You can make decisions and react quickly.
- You understand the importance of gathering multimedia to help tell a more interesting and interactive story on-air and on the web.
- You are good at social media and know the importance of repurposing on-air content for our online readers.
Requirements: Minimum two to three years’ experience in broadcasting, journalism/digital media degree or diploma, a valid driver’s license and are comfortable with industry standard software including Burli and MediaTouch.
If you are a leader and have a passion for news and are driven to become a part of the community, we would like to hear from you. We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply here!
* Please include a SoundCloud or YouTube link to your demo
Acadia Broadcasting Limited is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit hdrc.fa.ca3.oraclecloud.com.