Website Bell Media
Req Id: 415420
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: News Director, Supervisor, CFTK-TV, Bell Media
Location: Terrace, British Columbia
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Job status: Regular – Full Time
Bell Media has a tremendous opportunity for someone who loves broadcasting and being on-camera, has a passion for news, and is looking to grow their career in a supervisory position with our TV and Radio news team. Located at our studios in Terrace, we are looking for a proven newsperson to provide outstanding reporting and leadership skills for our BC North Division, which covers the Northwest Region of B.C.
Terrace is located in the Northwest region of B.C. and is a vibrant and growing city which offers world class fishing and skiing along with hiking, biking, and so much more. A perfect lifestyle for a family or someone on their own who is coming to the mountains and rivers of the Beautiful Northwest.
- On-camera shoot, edit and produce stories for television, radio, and the station websites on a daily basis
- Reading news, weather and sports updates on the radio morning shows
- Anchoring the TV newscasts, Monday to Friday for the 5:00pm, 6:00pm, and 11:00pm
- Lead and direct the radio and television news team with assigning daily tasks to cover the Northwest Region of B.C
- Attend and assign upcoming tasks for news events and stories throughout the region
- Ability to find local or regional angle to provincial and national stories
- Operate within the guidelines of ethical and moral business practice
- Develop community contacts throughout the region
- Keep files and software systems up to date
- Other related duties as assigned
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized
- Broadcast/Journalism Program or equivalent experience
- Three years video journalist experience with TV anchoring and on-air radio news experience
- Working knowledge of CRTC broadcast standards and RTNDA code of ethics
- A full and unrestricted Class 5 Drivers’ Licence with a clean drivers’ abstract is required
- Proven and professional on-air delivery
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Proven display of initiative
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and direct a news team. Prior newsroom leadership experience a definite asset
- Experience and knowledge of Burli Software, Wide Orbit, or similar newsroom system
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Terrace
Work Arrangement: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 04/29/2024
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, BC, Terrace
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.