Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Vice President of National and Network News, you are responsible for the production of multimarket local television newscasts and distribution of these programs to a variety of existing and future digital platforms. You must have a proven track record of strong award winning newscast production both locally and nationally with an innate ability to lead teams remotely across the country. We need you to ensure Global News and our production model remains at the cutting edge for Canadian media.
- Oversee the curation of content for local and national news platforms
- Design and oversee teams producing award winning local newscasts
- Design and oversee national news streams
- Responsible for working with the senior team to devise and execute a strategy for a national news digital channel
- Work with local News Directors to oversee the overall look and feel of news produced for independent TV markets
- Work with National Director Content & Editorial Standards to create award winning content
Work with local news room teams to produce strong local stories and award winning local newscast
- Work with digital video team to identify new work flows and methods to produce high quality journalism
- Work with local news teams to find ways to present local community news
- Work with the Director of Technology, engineering, national and local sales on new digital news offering
What We Need From You:
- An understanding of strong storytelling and how to use technology to create creative, industry leading content.
- Succession planning, development and mentorship of direct reports and their roles.
- Embed the Corus values in accountable teams, reinforce their importance and personally demonstrate the values.
- Have frequent one on ones with direct reports to discuss progress and barriers.
- After company, department and function communications, ensure the information is cascaded and understood by your teams and make yourself available for questions to help people understand what it means to them.
- Must understand conventional media/understand new and digital media.
- A track record of budgeting and accounting for news resources.
- An ability to thrive in a high-stress, creative environment.
- Lead teams through change to drive the business forward.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A team player willing to challenge the status quo to find new business and new platforms for strong storytelling
- Work closely with other directors and vice-presidents to help grow other parts of the business not directly reporting to this position.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique – and amazing – place to work.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit canr56.dayforcehcm.com.