Acadia Broadcasting Limited
Acadia Broadcasting Limited is a growing company with radio stations in Northwestern Ontario and Atlantic Canada. In each of our markets, our Company focuses on being the community’s local voice for entertainment, news, and events.
97.3 The Wave and Country 94.1 in Saint John, NB have an exciting full-time opportunity for to join Acadia Broadcasting Limited’s news team. Ideally, you have a diverse set of digital and broadcast journalism skills. Our newsroom moves fast, so reporters must adjust quickly, work well under pressure and have a demonstrated mastery in social media and multimedia gathering.
- Excellent news judgment to make decisions on the fly.
- In addition to a solid on-air delivery, you are primarily focused on generating local and regional stories.
- Your writing is tight. We need stories for broadcast that are 35-40 seconds (with audio).
- You look for multimedia storytelling opportunities while covering events that will enhance our coverage and content across all platforms – radio, web and social media.
You will work closely and report to the News Director. Here are a few other important skills we are looking for:
- Strong interviewing, writing and editing skills.
- You are proficient with social media and understand how to distribute content through Facebook/Twitter.
- You don’t leave home or the station without your company issued smartphone and comfortable sending audio back to the station, taking pictures, shooting video and reporting news as it happens.
- Able to establish and maintain positive relationships by attending community meetings, events and other public appearances.
- Be hard working with a flexible schedule.
- Journalism/digital media diploma, (or equivalent relevant experience).
- Knowledge and Experience with industry software including Burli and WideOrbit.
- A valid driver’s license.
If you have a passion for storytelling and are driven to become a part of the community, we would like to hear from you. We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. Please apply here with a resume and cover letter, and include any SoundCloud or YouTube link to your demo.
Acadia Broadcasting Limited is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit hdrc.fa.ca3.oraclecloud.com.