Acadia Broadcasting Limited
Acadia Broadcasting Limited is a growing radio broadcaster with radio stations in Northwestern Ontario and Atlantic Canada. In each of our markets, our Company focuses on being the community’s local voice for entertainment, news, and events.
Thunder Bay’s Country, Country 105, has a very rare opportunity to host a very highly rated morning show. We’re not looking for just another announcer – We’re looking for the market’s next big thing – as our listeners are engaging, loyal and critically important to us.
With two successful Acadia stations, Thunder Bay is a beautiful city on the shores of Lake Superior with hot summers, great outdoor activities, and amazing culture all year round.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- A talent who lives and breathes the lifestyle of your typical 30 something
- A talent that understands the importance of social media and can connect to our audience through personal stories, emotions, and lifestyle.
- A talent with personality, not ‘a personality’.
- A conversationalist, not a ‘jock’ or ‘DJ’.
- Someone who is a leader on the air, a leader in the halls, and a master of prep.
- Someone who understands that using a prep service is not show prep.
- A team member that is willing to be as busy on the air, as they are off.
Here’s what you will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively in creating and producing an engaging and different morning show about our listeners and not about you.
- Bringing your morning show on line daily through digital content on the station’s website.
- The direct connection between on air and social media / web engagement.
- Appearances for station promotions and events.
- Additional voice tracking or remotes as assigned.
At the same time, off the air, we are looking for a well-organized team member with a great passion to continue moving our radio stations forward.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years on-air experience (in a rated market preferably).
- Natural, engaging and personable on the air, on the phone, on the street and in the hallway.
- Excellent storytelling skills & strong social media skills.
- Understands that taking direction is the key to growth.
- Believes in the importance of show prep.
- Strong editing and technical skills.
- Understands what being engaged in community really means.
- Knowledge and experience of Wide Orbit is an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License
We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence.
Now, it’s your turn to tell us about you, get our attention, and show you want to be part of our amazing culture in our building, and bring continued success in a competitive market.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply here!
Please include a link to your YouTube or SoundCloud account on your resume. If you do not have a link, please send your demo to Program Director, John Ongaro at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit hdrc.fa.ca3.oraclecloud.com.