The Island Radio Division of Pattison Media has an exciting opening for a Morning Show Announcer/Music Director based in Courtenay, BC.
- Regular on-air shifts 6am-10am Monday through Friday.
- Preparing, planning, and executing your live morning show.
- Share the spotlight with the incumbent News co-host.
- Must love remote broadcasts, community involvement, station appearances and listener interaction.
- Voice tracks & vacation relief, commercial voicing.
- Daily assembly of music logs, ensure Canadian Content compliance, submit music reports, etc.
- Working in depth with Music Master software
- Daily contribution to multiple social media platforms.
- Must be extremely motivated and a self-starter.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication, and creativity.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- When the question, “who can go make an appearance at an event this weekend?” is asked, yours is the first hand to go up.
- You are creative, quick, efficient, organized, dependable and have a great sense of humour.
- Above all else, you are a great person – friendly, likeable, relatable and a positive team member – both on and off the air.
- The ideal candidate will have post-secondary education in broadcasting, or related experience.
- At least 5 years on-air experience.
- Wide Orbit Automation and Music Master experience an asset
- A valid driver’s license.
Please send your resume, aircheck **(no ‘best-of’ airchecks, a real skim please)** and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID form by May 14, 2021 to:
Program Director | Island Radio Division
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at pattisonmedia.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential**
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org