Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
Global News has an exciting Editor in Chief opportunity available on its award-winning news team based in Toronto.Reporting to the VP of National and Network News and the Director of Content you will offer clear direction, delegation, metrics evaluation and strategic leadership to globalnews.ca teams while ensuring we meet the editorial standards embodied in the Journalistic Principles and Practices. You will also play an integral role in establishing a robust framework for editorials, be part of discussions further developing our overall Global News brand and support and develop work flows and systems to ensure the development of employees.
- Understand and exhibit editorial leadership to help drive all forms of journalism on our digital platforms
- Work closely with the Director of Content, Director of Global National and Director of Lifestyle (news) to better define and elevate Global News brand online.
- Establish a metrics based process to help drive more informed journalism
- Oversee the design and editorial management of globalnews.ca, locally and nationally
- Build a diverse network of contributors and editorial commentators
- Evaluate the editorial makeup of our site and ensure we are on brand with our news objectives
- Continuously monitor and improve our website to mitigate costly legal and editorial mistakes
- Oversee and tighten up our headlines, copy and editorial commentaries
- Ensure advertorial content is not blurred with editorial content
- Grow a culture of inclusiveness and diversity with our body of editorial work
What We Need From You:
- Must have an acute understanding of website design, digital audiences and trends to help globalnews.ca and our related digital properties remain at the forefront of the media landscape in Canada and internationally
- Must understand social media and other digital platforms to ensure our brand and journalism finds new audiences
- Experience leading, mentoring and support journalists to help improve their skillset and the overall product
- Proven experience leading to drive engagement and employee support directly with the EIC responsibility as well as broader news environment
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique – and amazing – place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit canr57.dayforcehcm.com.