The Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
The Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation is a locally owned and operated group of 9 radio stations across Cottage Country in Ontario. We are looking for a Creative Team Leader to join us in Owen Sound, Ontario.
The Creative Team Leader works under the direction of the Director of Finance. He or she supports both the Creative and Production departments in all the Bayshore Broadcasting markets and is responsible for managing the flow of work through both departments, helping our Sales Team staff super-serve our Clients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To co-ordinate and liaise with Creative Writers, Sales, Traffic, Production, Imaging and Promotions staff in the 9 Bayshore markets. You will provide direct assistance in writing great scripts, on time and helping the creative writing staff to develop ad campaigns that deliver on client marketing goals. You will strive to ensure the quality and integrity of all commercials while ensuring that on-air product makes it through the system on time.
- To lead and motivate the Creative/Production team while fostering better communications and analyzing functionality at all levels.
- Provide traffic instructions for all broadcast materials in a clear, concise and timely manner to the Traffic Department.
- To take full advantage of the “Theatre of the Mind” by utilizing in-house sound-effects/music libraries and imaginative sound techniques and to provide the Producer with all elements required to complete the necessary production for each commercial or promo.
- Provide voicing for scripts as required.
- To provide to Sales, Creative and Production a knowledge base of all advertising rules, CRTC regulations and codes of conduct.
- To identify areas requiring further training in Sales, Creative or Production so that each is on board with providing clients with the best advertising possible.
- To perform all administration duties for the Creative/Production department.
- Will know and promote the BBC Vision, Principles and Policies.
- Have a strong understanding and passion for the power of Radio and have the ability to establish a strong relationship with all parts of the organization…. working with account reps, clients, production and traffic teams;ensuring the right commercials air on the right stations at the right time.
- Must be highly detail oriented with excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Have an above average command of the English language and grammar
- Have the ability to work calmly and professionally to deadlines in a high-pressure atmosphere. A sense of humour will be an asset.
- Is familiar and confident with Adobe Audition, Scott, Visual Traffic, Sound Forge and Microsoft Word or similar software.
- The ideal candidate preferably has a minimum of 3 years Broadcast Writing experience and a sound knowledge of Radio Advertising.
- Has supervisory experience and is highly organized.
- Is a people person, self-confident and enjoyable to work with.
- Post-Secondary education in broadcasting, advertising or equivalent.
Please email your resume, script samples (audio and written demos) and cover letter of interest to:
Sue O’Reilly Director of Finance /Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date: February 7, 2020
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com