Make a difference with a team that’s passionate about connecting Canadians with their democratic institutions. The Cable Public Affairs Channel (CPAC) is Canada’s window on parliament, politics and public affairs. As Canada’s only national, bilingual media outlet focused exclusively on politics, we are unique in the Canadian media landscape. We are looking for a bilingual Communications and Marketing Coordinator to join our creative and nimble team.
Based in Ottawa just steps from Parliament Hill, we are seeking an enthusiastic and creative individual to help bring our communications and marketing strategies to life. As part of a dynamic and ambitious team of marketing professionals, this is an exciting opportunity to create promotional content that will help grow awareness of CPAC’s programming. The successful candidate will also proactively support and advise internal stakeholders on their communications and marketing initiatives.
Working under the direction of the Manager, Communications and Marketing, the successful candidate will:
- Develop and disseminate compelling and visually appealing communications and marketing assets, including web content, social media, print, SEO, SEM, and more;
- Coordinate advertising and promotional campaigns, including production, approvals, budget tracking, and scheduling;
- Ensure consistent application of CPAC’s brand standards and ensure proper use of photo, logo and video assets in accordance with industry best practices;
- Monitor the rollout of CPAC’s advertising and promotional campaigns and prepare reports as required;
- Collaborate with colleagues, agencies, freelancers, and suppliers;
- Participate in weekly meetings with the communications, marketing and editorial teams.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a solid understanding of digital marketing and a passion for designing campaigns that are creative, original, targeted, and effective;
- Have a solid understanding of social and digital environments;
- Get excited about data-mining;
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills in both official languages;
- Be a born multi-tasker and flexible in their response to business priorities;
- Know what to prioritize, when to take initiative, and when to flag issues to campaign managers;
- Have excellent organizational and coordination skills;
- Be a collegial team-player;
- Be available to work available to work overtime or shift hours on occasion as required;
- Have an undergraduate degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent work experience;
- Have at least two years of experience in a similar role – experience working for an agency considered an asset;
- Have broadcast and politics experience – considered an asset.
This is a full time, regular position with competitive benefits.
Please submit your application to:
1750-45 O’Connor Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
Attention: Patricia Hutton, Human Resources
CPAC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org