Website CIHR-FM (Woodstock)
Morning Show Co-Host/News Anchor
104.7 Heart FM is the number one radio station located in Oxford County. Local news and information is key to our success and we are looking for someone to help deliver that content. The Morning show co-host and news anchor will work with our morning host in delivering a fun and entertaining morning show along with presenting the morning news.
- Prepare and read both live and pre-recorded newscasts
- Co-host mornings along-side morning host
- Interact with listeners via social media
- Prep – show content prior to and following the morning show
- Conduct telephone interviews and edit audio for broadcast
- Write news stories for HeartFM.ca & social media
- Build a network of contacts to assist in the generation of local stories
- Be part of the community and represent the station at events
- Voice track other dayparts if required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A Broadcast Journalism/Radio Broadcasting Diploma and at least one year’s on-air experience in a commercial radio station
- Excellent writing skills [for the ear] and on-air delivery
- Experience in news writing for web
- A good command of the English language and excellent speech and diction
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- A valid driver’s license (Ontario)
- Strong people skills, a team player and marvelous attitude
- A working Knowledge of Burli news software and the MediaTouch System
- Knowledge of creating and posting videos considered an asset
- Relocation to Oxford County is required
Send your resume complete with an On Air and News Demo to:
104.7 Heart FM
223 Norwich Ave.
Woodstock. On N4S 3V8
The deadline for applications is October 15, 2020. Please type “Morning News Anchor/Co Host” in the subject line of your e-mail.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org