Rogers Sports & Media
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
We are looking for a producer for our local Franco-Ontarian community channel, tv Rogers. You will embrace the rewarding challenge of working with members of the Franco-Ontarian community and with our volunteers to create exceptional, local, Francophone content in the National Capital Region. This is a unique opportunity to work on a wide range of informative, entertaining and inspiring content, using a variety of styles, live and offline, in the studio and in the community.
What you will do:
- Produce video content as assigned, ensuring local relevance and high production quality.
- Monitor production from design to execution, working independently or as part of a team.
- Build, export and deliver productions for broadcast on our linear channel and social media.
- Ensure that detailed episodic information is updated in the routing system and provide the necessary information for the promotion and advertising of such programs.
- Train and mentor volunteers and interns from our FOCUS program, community groups, facilitators and community producers to help them produce local programming.
- Establish and maintain community contacts to engage them in the development of relevant and timely local programming.
- Manage the flow of your productions, ensuring that you book, maintain and care for the necessary production equipment. You will also manage the schedules of hosts, guests and other collaborators.
- Develop and maintain a complete knowledge of available production equipment by participating in training sessions as new equipment is introduced.
- Take a collaborative approach, cultivating positive working relationships with internal and external clients and colleagues.
- Share your ideas, creativity and risk-taking at the right time.
What you will bring:
- Trust, empathy, good decision-making that doesn’t prevent openness.
- Thoroughness and thoroughness. Ability to motivate, inspire and support a team of volunteers or colleagues through constructive feedback and strong collective and personal engagement.
- Speak, read and write in French at expert level and have a basic working knowledge of English.
- Experience in live news, management and field production.
- Commitment to building a strong network within the Franco-Ontarian community.
- Introduce creative approaches, with the ability to tackle multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Experience with business tools including cameras (video, digital DSLR, Sony FS 5 and FS 7), editing software (Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere ), and control rooms.
- Good understanding of social and digital media with experience on these platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter) and the ability to use tools and technologies to create timely and engaging content.
- An understanding of community television and the production process.
- A valid driver’s licence (Class G).
- Availability to work evenings and weekends depending on the events to be covered.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- Competitive salary and benefits that include access to our employee share ownership, pension benefits and a variety of other benefits, including a 50% discount on Rogers services and tickets for the Toronto Blue Jays.
- A manager who cares deeply about your development and your long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts you and wants to succeed together.
- Talented and accomplished colleagues who focus on what and how.
- The ability to work from home even after the pandemic is over.
- Your choice of phone equipment and software (iPhone or Android).
Schedule: Full time
Shift: Flex Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 475 Richmond Rd. (100), Ottawa, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Production
Requisition ID: 153136
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rogers.com.