Position: Associate Producer, McLaughlin On Your Side, CTV news
Location: CTV News, Vancouver BC
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Additional overtime hours as required.
Bell Media has an opportunity for an experienced journalist to join the editorial team in the CTV Vancouver newsroom as an Associate Producer for the highly-rated, award-winning On Your Side unit. A keen interest in current & consumer affairs and a strong desire to work in a deadline-driven newsroom is essential to this position.
The successful candidate will work as part of the McLaughlin On Your Side team to generate and produce compelling consumer investigations, engaging consumer information pieces – as well as accountability-seeking and problem-solving stories for TV, digital, and social media platforms. You bring strong journalism skills to the table, with exceptional broadcast and online writing abilities and a history of success as a positive, enthusiastic team member who can chase stories in a highly competitive industry. You’re also drawn to new ways of working in journalism and would welcome the chance to pick up a camera and head out to shoot elements or conduct an interview by yourself.
Reporting to the Assistant News Director, the successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional editorial skills and professionalism that meet the high standards of CTV News. You are:
- A self-starter who is able to identify – produce and execute compelling content
- Someone who pitches, chases, investigates and produces original content every day
- A team player who loves working with others and brings a positive attitude to the job
- A highly organized journalist who will build and maintain contacts and a detailed story calendar
- A news junkie who is constantly consuming journalism on all platforms
- Minimum 3 years newsroom experience
- Post-Secondary education
- Professional journalism background
- Social media literacy
- Excellent news writing ability
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experienced researcher
- Skilled interviewer
- Other duties as required
- In-depth knowledge of Lower Mainland and British Columbia current affairs
- Videography skills, including photography and digital editing
- Previous experience in a TV and/or online newsroom
- On-camera and announcing experience
- Knowledge of media law and professional journalistic codes and ethics
*****Please attach in your resume a link of a sample of your work****
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.