Rogers Sports & Media
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for an Announcer!
Ocean 98.5 is looking to add our newest member to the on-air team. Someone who is warm and friendly on the air and in the halls. This is a special opportunity to join one of the most heritage stations in Victoria, BC as a part-time Weekend/Swing Announcer.
What you will do…
- Host, operate and produce own weekend live show
- Prepare on-brand, entertaining and demographic appropriate content for on-air and online
- Manage social media platforms while on-air
- Be knowledgeable of world events as they relate to the station audience
- Voice track or cover other shifts as necessary
- Perform commercial narration for production purposes as required
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring…
- Proven on-air experience in Radio
- Excellent social media skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Passion for engaging with the local audience (including in person, on the phone, in social media, etc.)
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in all settings
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humour
- Familiarity with WideOrbit, MusicMaster, VOXPRO and Adobe Audio an asset
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Part time
Work Location: 817 Fort Street (092), Victoria, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 224214
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rogers.com.