Rogers Sports & Media
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
As an Anchor/Reporter/Editor, your role within Rogers will be: writing, editing, producing and broadcasting the most up to date newscasts and news reports for 570 News. As a member of the 570 News team, you would cover various shifts from time to time, including mornings, evenings and weekends. Our goal is to provide immediate, accurate and credible information for our listeners. The successful candidate will share our passion to be first, fast and factual.
What you will do…
- Edit, write, produce and broadcast the most up to date newscasts and news reports.
- Create digital content for KitchenerToday.com and social media channels.
- Reporting live from the scene of news events.
- Develop, line-up, produce and anchor newscasts.
- Keep up to date with major developing stories with the goal of providing quick concise details of these stories on-air.
- Be able to tell stories on multi-platforms.
- Develop story ideas.
- Assign and work with reporting staff.
- Conduct and edit news interviews, write scripts and broadcast the finished product.
What you will bring…
- People rely on 570 NEWS now more than ever, and we need a dependable, smart, news person who loves working in a team environment.
- The successful candidate will have experience reading newscasts in a live environment, a background in reporting, and a honed newswriting style.
- You follow 570 NEWS on its digital platforms and have ideas for its growth.
- You know the stress of driving, are familiar with the roads of the region and actively want to help people.
- You can roll with the speed and unpredictability of breaking news and thrive in an environment where no day is the same!
- People can count on you to bring your best every day.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”.
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Part time
Shift: On Call
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 230 – 1B The Boardwalk (102), Kitchener, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 220575
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rogers.com.