- This event has passed.
AIMS TechFest 2021
March 9, 2021 @ 10:00 am - March 10, 2021 @ 2:00 pmFree
Registration for AIMS TechFest 2021 Interactive Virtual Event is Now Open
Free Event on March 9-10 Will Focus on IPMX and Remote Audio Production, Provide Opportunity for Face-to-Face Meetings with Experts and Colleagues
The Alliance for IP Media Solutions (AIMS) is pleased to announce it will host AIMS TechFest 2021, a live interactive virtual event slated for March 9-10, with each day featuring four hours of programming. Day one of AIMS TechFest 2021 will focus on the IPMX (Internet Protocol Media Experience) proposed set of open standards and specifications, and the benefits for Pro AV workflows. Day two will explore remote audio production through a series of case studies and technical presentations. Registration details are available at www.aimstechfest.com.
In addition to providing presentations by industry experts, AIMS TechFest 2021 will also give attendees the opportunity for interaction and networking. Participants will be able to move freely in a dynamic, online environment including a reception area and main stage, two meeting rooms just for meeting up with industry friends and colleagues, and four rooms dedicated to lectures and discussions around AES67 and IPMX. Daily sessions will begin at 10 a.m. EST, with a coffee break at the halfway point.
Day 1: IPMX
Presentations on the first day of AIMS TechFest 2021 will include:
• An introduction to IMPX by Andrew Starks, AIMS Board Member and Director of Product Management, Macnica Americas Inc.
• IPMX Makes Networks Easy by Jean Lapierre, Senior Director, Advanced Technologies, Matrox Video
• JPEG-xs: Balancing Video Compression and High Visual Fidelity by Alain Champenois, Group Leader, ASIC & FPGA, Matrox Video and Andre Testa, Manager, ASIC/FPGA, Matrox Video
• The Pros and Cons (& Pros) of an AV-over-IP Standard by Gary Kayye, Co-Founder & Director | THE rAVe Agency
Day 2: Remote Audio Production
In a series of 35-minute segments, experts will share their insights on underlying technologies and current standardization activities, as well as their experiences on real projects and advice on how to avoid common pitfalls.
• AES67 Beyond the LAN by Nicolas Sturmel, Senior Technologist, Merging Technologies
• PTP over WAN by Daniel Boldt, Head of Software Development, Meinberg
• The Show Must Go WAN by Claudio Becker-Foss, Co-founder, CEO and CTO, DirectOut
• AES67 WAN Transport Utilizing the Cloud by Bill Rounopoulos, Business Development Manager, OEM and Partnerships, Ross Video
Further information and registration details are available on AIMS TechFest 2021 www.aimstechfest.com. More information about IPMX is available at www.ipmx.io.