CKBW and Country 100.7 in Bridgewater, NS have an exciting opportunity for you to join Acadia Broadcasting Limited’s team as an integral part of our newsroom. Ideally, you have a diverse set of digital and broadcast journalism skills. Our newsroom moves fast, so reporters must adjust quickly, work well under pressure and have a demonstrated mastery in social media and multimedia gathering.
- Excellent news judgment. You will be making decisions on the fly and will be responsible for anchoring morning/afternoon news (on both of our stations).
- In addition to a solid on-air delivery, you are primarily focused on generating local and regional stories.
- Your writing is tight. We need stories for broadcast that are 35-40 seconds (with audio).
- You look for multimedia storytelling opportunities while covering events that will enhance our coverage and content across all platforms – radio, web and social media.
You will work closely and report to the News Director. Here are a few other important skills we are looking for:
- Strong interviewing, writing and editing skills.
- You’re a social media wizard who knows how to distribute content through Facebook/Twitter.
- You don’t leave home or the station without your company issued iPhone – meaning you are comfortable sending audio back to the station, taking pictures, shooting video and reporting news in real time – as it happens.
- Able to establish and maintain positive relationships by attending community meetings, events and other public appearances.
- Be hard working with a flexible schedule.
Requirements: Journalism/digital media diploma, a valid driver’s license and are comfortable with industry standard software including Burli and MediaTouch.
If you have a passion for storytelling and are driven to become a part of the community, we would like to hear from you. We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply here before June 15th.
Acadia Broadcasting Limited is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.