Req Id: 198907 – Supervising News Producer, CTV Winnipeg, Bell Media
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Media is Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada’s #1 television network, and the country’s most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Position: Supervising News Producer
Location: CTV Winnipeg
Salary: C.E.P. Local 816M, Group 15. Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required
Posting Date: May 3rd, 2018
Closing Date: May 31th, 2018
- Producer for CTV Winnipeg’s 6pm weekday newscast. Specific responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the look and production of all CTV Winnipeg newscasts and news specials
- Producing News at Six
- Work with editorial staff to ensure CTV News at six is on top of all news and covering events live where appropriate
- Determine the editorial direction for CTV News at Six in step with the News Director
- Acting as back-up producer for other newscasts as required
- Supervising editorial line-up
- Preparing for and producing all news specials
- Initiating ideas for stories and coverage, including the integration of content on-air, online, and through social media
- Monitoring feeds and servers for content
- Writing news scripts, intros and all show elements
- Preparing and supervising graphic elements
- Supervising and vetting reporter and web scripts when required
- Taking live events to air
- Weekend and evening assignments when required
- Other duties as assigned
- At least five years experience as a newsroom show producer
- Degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary broadcast program or related television news experience
- Proven editorial news judgment with high journalistic standards
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines of several simultaneous duties, while maintaining focus and composure
- Solid understanding of broadcast law
- Ability to lead a team and motivate staff
- Superior communication skills
- Creative and progressive writing skills
- Live control room experience
- In depth knowledge of and interest in news and current affairs
- Must have and maintain valid documents required for travel to the United States
- A valid Class 5 or equivalent driver’s license is required
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=198907&company=Bell&username= →