Country 94 and 97.3 The Wave, located in the heart of uptown Saint John, are currently looking for an individual to take on the opportunity of News Director. The successful applicant will oversee the newsroom and will be a coach and a mentor on a team consisting of three experienced reporters.
Reporting to the Station Manager, the News Director will ensure the overall quality of the on air and digital news product meets or exceeds the expectations of our audience. The integrity of our newsroom on all platforms is a key factor in the success of our stations in the communities we serve.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the newsroom.
- Cover Daily Newscast
- Coach and Mentor the news team.
- Develop story ideas and alternate perspectives for variety.
- Cover local news events.
- Always have an eye out for process improvement opportunities.
- Work closely with the Director of News and Public Affairs.
- Manage the news department in line company policies and are familiar with the Radio-Television-Digital News Association of Canada Code of Ethics.
- Minimum college diploma in a related field (ex. radio broadcasting).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an on-air capacity.
- Results oriented, critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills, planning, and organizational skills.
- Have a strong on-air delivery.
- You are a good listener and lead by example.
- You can make decisions and react quickly.
- You understand the importance of gathering multimedia (video, pictures, audio) to help tell a more interesting and interactive story – on-air and on the web.
- Social media savvy and recognize the need to distribute content and repurpose on-air stories for our online audience.
We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming and content, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with your resume, demo and examples of your online work here: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=OSCOGROUP&cws=1&rid=542
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.