Vista Radio Ltd.
IT Manager/Broadcast Technician – Connect with Us!
How do you define community? Connecting people with common interests. Here at Vista we help create meaningful connections between our audiences and advertisers which enhance both the vitality and vibrancy of our communities.
Does your company provide the following:
- Innovation at the highest level
- Best in class sales training
- Best in class programming and news training
- Best in class digital strategy
- Best in class results for our clients
- Best in class creative and production team Why Vista Radio Ltd?
Success: Small to medium size business has experienced the success of Vista’s enterprise operating ad platform. Impact: Every business relies on advertising solutions, meaning your work has a large impact on their success.
Cutting Edge: Vista’s digital marketing solutions are EXPLODING, setting us up as the advertising powerhouse.
Creative Environment: Here at Vista we support opportunities to engage in creative, outside the box, processes.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 300 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
Vista Radio is looking for a full-time IT Manager/Broadcast Technician with proven industry experience to work from our Prince George BC office.
This is a perfect combination for those individuals who are looking for an exciting and diverse job with new challenges every day. You will be applying your expertise in studios, transmitter sites and in an IT desktop support role. You’ll look after our FM and AM radio stations and transmitter sites in North BC and maintain our office IT infrastructures.
The successful candidate will be a self motivated, service oriented individual with exceptional time management and communication skills and the ability to prioritize demanding work flows.
- Installation and support of all IT related and interrelated equipment consisting of but not limited to studio, office and broadcast specific hardware and software
- Maintenance, repair, design and installation of digital broadcast studio systems, including automation systems, desktop PC’s and servers.
- In depth knowledge of digital and analog audio systems
- Capability to undertake the support Maintenance, repair, design and installation of FM transmission systems, and associated subsystems
- Implementation of major and minor projects in a timely manner.
- Providing technical support to Operations staff.
- Sourcing and procurement of capital and operational materials.
- Creation and maintenance of detailed documentation of all broadcast equipment
- Willingness to work on call with a “whatever it takes” attitude to getting problems solved.
- Graduate of recognized Information Technology, Electronics Technician or Technologist program.
- At least two years experience in radio broadcast engineering supporting studios and transmitters.
- Demonstrated competency with computers, networks, broadcast automation, AoIP and AM and FM radio transmission systems.
- Google suite experience
- Microsoft MCSE certification is an asset.
- Self-directed and driven to fulfill responsibilities with minimal oversight.
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel between our radio stations in Alberta and Yellowknife
- This can be a physical job, comfortable lifting 20 kilos and working on ladders and other physically challenging tasks.
- Qualified to work in Canada.
To Apply: www.vistaradio.ca/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.vistaradio.ca.