2. We Broke Up – David Dobrik
Liza Koshy and David Dobrik, the “Brad and Angelina” of YouTube, shared the news of their breakup.
3. Do You Hear “Yanny” or “Laurel”? (SOLVED with SCIENCE)
Canadian creators AsapSCIENCE solve the internet’s latest mystery.
4. Paul McCartney Carpool Karaoke – The Late Late Show with James Corden
5. Walmart Yodeling Kid
6. Deadpool, Meet Cable – 20th Century Fox
Canadian treasure Ryan Reynolds takes a DIY approach to marketing Deadpool 2.
Canada’s Top 10 Trending Videos were rounded out by:
- The Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry and Miss Meghan Markle
- Falcon Heavy Test Flight
- FORTNIGHT DANCE CHALLENGE! – (In Real Life)
- 2018 US Open Highlights: Serena Williams’ dispute overshadows Naomi Osaka’s final win | ESPN
On the music side, the year mostly belonged to Drake and Cardi B, who appear multiple times on the list of Canada’s Top Music Videos:
- Maroon 5 – Girls Like You ft. Cardi B
- Drake – God’s Plan
- Childish Gambino – This Is America (Official Video)
- Bruno Mars – Finesse (Remix) [Feat. Cardi B] [Official Video]
- Ariana Grande – no tears left to cry
- Post Malone – Psycho ft. Ty Dolla $ign
- Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It [Official Music Video]
- Drake – Nice For What
- Lil Dicky – Freaky Friday feat. Chris Brown (Official Music Video)
- Dua Lipa – IDGAF (Official Music Video)
For more, visit the YouTube Rewind channel.
Subscribe Now – Free!
Broadcast Dialogue has been required reading in the Canadian broadcast media for 25 years. When you subscribe, you join a community of connected professionals from media and broadcast related sectors from across the country.
The Weekly Briefing from Broadcast Dialogue is delivered exclusively to subscribers by email every Thursday. It’s your link to critical industry news, timely people moves, and excellent career advancement opportunities.
Let’s get started right now.