Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
Global News has an exciting opportunity available to join the #1 Newsroom in Western Canada to oversee, create, and execute editorial content creation for our network. The successful candidate will be required to work primarily regular weekday evening shifts with weekend shifts as required by our dynamic news environment.
Working closely with network and local news teams in broadcast and digital, this position will produce and assign evening network content on our 24-hour news channel and other Global News platforms. This position reports to the National Director of Content & Editorial Standards and works closely with the local management team in BC as well as the Supervising Producer of Multi Market Content and Network Managing Editors based in Toronto.
This is a full-time Group 5 position under the current Collective Agreement.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Identify and assign network evening content for multiple platforms and multiple markets across the Global News network
- Work with platform and national and local managers to lead planning, development, and execution of evening content
- Oversee multi-platform execution of evening breaking news content
- Produce, write, and support content for 24-hour news channel using compelling graphics, expert interviews, and strong writing
- Assist with vetting across all platforms to ensure top journalistic standards are being delivered
- Support evening editorial meetings and network communication protocols
- Communicate deadlines for Multi Market Content broadcasts
- Assign and support network reporter lives for 24-hour channel and local markets
- Other duties as required
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in journalism, communications or a related field from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a major market newsroom environment
- Proven track record of assigning and coordinating remote teams
- Demonstrated understanding of how to support strong multi-platform storytelling
- Strong organizational skills and ability to remain calm in pressure situations
- Demonstrated experience producing engaging broadcast content under tight deadlines
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, effectively, and cooperatively to tight deadlines in a complex team environment
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to make independent decisions in pressure situations
- An amazing attitude that will engage and motivate teams by living into the Corus values to Win Together, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day, Think Beyond and Show We Care
- A valid driver’s license
Interested applicants should apply no later than January 24, 2020. Why Corus?
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique – and amazing – place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, visit our careers page.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.corusent.com.