Stingray has launched Stingray Country, a music video television channel for Canadian cable subscribers, dedicated to country music.
The channel becomes the only dedicated country music channel in Canada, following CMT Canada’s move to drop country music programming in 2017, in favour of airing family-friendly sitcoms, talk, game and reality shows, and movies.
Built around artists like Blake Shelton, Eric Church, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves, Kenny Chesney, and Canadian acts like The Reklaws, Tenille Townes, Brett Kissel, and Meghan Patrick, Stingray Country’s lineup includes theme programming and countdowns, among other video blocks defined by sub-genre. Among the channel’s offerings are:
- Country Roundup: country videos from the ‘90s to today’s hits to jumpstart the day
- Tailgate Party: a mix of today’s upbeat hits and unforgettable country favorites
- Hot Country: today’s charting hits
- Smooth Country: a collection of easy country videos appealing to fans needing a time-out from fast-paced living
- Country Throwback: a look back at country videos from the ’90s and early 2000s
- Stingray Country Hot 20: countdown of the week’s hottest country music videos
“We are thrilled to introduce our latest TV channel, Stingray Country, to Canadian country music fans,” said Mathieu Péloquin, Senior Vice-President, Marketing and Communications, in a release. “With a growing millennial fan base including both men and women, country music’s popularity is spreading across all regions of the map. The premiere of Stingray Country is the perfect showcase for our ability to offer content reflecting the trends and music scenes.”
Stingray Country is currently being offered to Bell, Cogeco, Telus, Shaw and Videotron TV subscribers.
Subscribe Now – Free!
Broadcast Dialogue has been required reading in the Canadian broadcast media for 25 years. When you subscribe, you join a community of connected professionals from media and broadcast related sectors from across the country.
The Weekly Briefing from Broadcast Dialogue is delivered exclusively to subscribers by email every Thursday. It’s your link to critical industry news, timely people moves, and excellent career advancement opportunities.
Let’s get started right now.