Salary: C.E.P. Local 816M, Group 15. Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required. Schedule may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Producer for CTV News Winnipeg’s digital platforms. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and coordinate workflow of digital content creators to deliver news content for all platforms
- Editorial oversight for legal, ethical and accuracy issues for all digital content
- Work with editorial staff to ensure digital is on top of all news and covering events live where appropriate
- Supervising editorial line-up including copy editing for grammar and accuracy along with vetting report and web scripts
- Contributing scripts, video, and pictures to the station website and social media platforms; including but not limited to breaking news, feature news, and daily news
- Monitoring and publishing wires, with an eye to SEO, keywords and social sharing
- Generating ideas for enterprise stories and coverage, including the integration of news content on-air, online, and through social media
- Strategically posting to and overseeing multiple social media streams (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others)
- Creating and overseeing production of infographics, maps, quizzes, timelines and data journalism
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role in a digital news environment
- Degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary broadcast program
- Proven editorial news judgment with high journalistic standards
- Strong understanding of Mobile and web technologies with proven ability to identify and master social media trends and emerging technology
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines of several simultaneous duties, while maintaining focus and composure
- Solid understanding of defamation and broadcast law
- Experience publishing content using a CMS; proficient in After Effects and Photoshop as well as HTML and CSS
- Proficient in Canadian Press Style
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with an interest and ability to lead
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to think strategically and creatively
- In depth knowledge of and interest in news and current affairs
- Must have and maintain valid documents required for travel to the United States
- A full and unrestricted Class 5 or equivalent driver’s license is required
Application Details: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online and are asked to include supporting samples of work.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bce.ca.