Rogers Media Inc.
Rogers Media Inc. has a permanent position available for a Radio Broadcast Technician reporting to the Director of Engineering – British Columbia.
The successful candidate joins a collaborative team supporting a market-leading, three station cluster with studios in Vancouver and multiple studio and transmitter sites in other parts of British Columbia.
This is a rare opportunity to succeed in an environment of rapidly converging media extending beyond traditional radio.
What you are doing:
- Assist in the maintenance, repair, design and installation of broadcast studio systems, including automation systems.
- Assist in the maintenance, repair, design and installation of AM, FM and HD transmission systems, including microwave and associated subsystems.
- Providing technical support to on-air staff and support assistance for remote broadcasts. Partnering with other Rogers support and media divisions in the sharing of technical knowledge and assistance.
- Sourcing and procurement of capital and operational materials.
- Creation and maintenance of detailed documentation in Microsoft Visio, Access and Excel.
- Rotating after-hours on call.
What you will bring:
- Graduate of recognized Electronics Technician or Technologist program preferred.
- One to two years experience in radio broadcast engineering supporting studios and transmitters operations.
- Demonstrated competency with computers and networks infrastructure.
- Self-directed, detail oriented and driven to fulfill responsibilities with minimal oversight.
- Knowledge and experience with AoIP systems such as Axia and Wheatstone.
- Knowledge and experience with Wide Orbit Radio audio automation system.
- Knowledge and experience with Burli newsroom system.
- A valid British Columbia driver’s license and willingness to travel.
- Comfortable lifting 20 kilos and working on ladders.
- Qualified to work in Canada.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rogers.com.