The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
- Are you tired of long commutes, crazy traffic, high housing prices and no work/life balance?
- Would you like to be a leader in the major media outlet in one of Canada’s most liveable small cities?
- Would you love the opportunity to connect with real people in a positive and vibrant community?
- Would you like to work for one of Canada’s best Broadcast Employers?
Interested? Then take a look at this Exciting Opportunity!
Full-time News Anchor – Medicine Hat, Alberta
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group – CHAT TV
As our News Anchor, you will:
- Work with a talented news team to write and produce Noon and 5:30 newscasts
- Be the main Anchor for newscasts, both in studio and live in the community
- Anchor news specials, such as election coverage or major breaking news
- Be a leader in the newsroom and help mentor junior team members
- Establish and maintain contacts with sources, newsmakers and community leaders
- Interview guests during community segments
- Represent our company in the community, both in person and through social media
We’d like you to have these qualifications:
- A minimum two years of experience anchoring a television newscast
- A determination to produce top quality newscasts reflective of issues impacting south-eastern Alberta
- The ability to ad-lib and interact on-air with other team members in a positive and engaging manner
- A comprehensive knowledge of news and current affairs
- An excellent editorial news sense
- The ability to contribute intriguing story ideas
- The ability to maintain a high level of organization under pressure of newsroom driven deadlines
- Leadership skills
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.
Our New Applicant Self ID form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter, resume, and a demo tape focused on news anchoring to:
Regan Tate, News Director
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, Medicine Hat
Application Deadline: August 10th, 2018
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org