Bell Media has an opportunity for an experienced Assignment Editor to join the leadership team at CTV News Vancouver. Reporting to the News Director, the successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional editorial skills in producing show content and interview segments.
We are looking for an innovative story chaser who is comfortable with both traditional broadcast and digital media. You should be both a leader and a collaborative team player who thrives in the deadline driven world of TV news.
- Coordinate a team of multi-skilled journalists and other news gathering personnel to cover breaking news and other stories for both daily newscasts and digital distribution
- A strong collaborator who can lead and direct a diverse team of journalists • Respond to breaking news quickly and accurately
- Monitor social media trends to chase breaking news and other potential stories
- Be creative and forward thinking; take a proactive, hands-on approach;
- Maintain knowledgeable contacts in all fields
- Build and maintain relationships with vital sources and contacts
- Assist with story research and investigation
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant degree / diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a newsroom leadership role
- A person who relentlessly pursues a story beyond the headline
- A person who’s not afraid to push for answers
- A person who won’t let a dead end stop them from producing a compelling story
- A demonstrated interest in leading and mentoring others
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks and deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Exceptional editorial knowledge and judgment
- Strong working knowledge of Vancouver, the Lower Mainland and BC.
- Although this is principally a Monday to Friday role, availability to occasionally work evenings and weekends for special events is a must.
Interested candidates should apply online at: https://bit.ly/2ZQX39f
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.