JAZZ.FM91 (CJRT-FM) Toronto has adopted Specialty Data Systems (SDS) broadcast management software as part of ongoing changes at the station. JAZZ.FM91 managing director Lorie Russell says implementing the software will cut down on duplication of work and increase efficiencies. SDS Symphony encompasses traffic, sales, CRM, creative, reports and A/R.
SMPTE has expanded its SMPTE Virtual Classroom offerings with new course “Imaging System Fundamentals: From Light to Lenses.” Led by instructors from the Rochester Institute of Technology, David Long and Ricardo Figueroa, the eight-week course will cover the underpinning concepts and scientific principles as the basis for understanding how imaging systems work and the physics of image capture. The program is available online to participants around the world, who can opt to do the independent self-study version of the course. Additional SMPTE Virtual Classroom courses include:
- High-Dynamic-Range (HDR) Technology and Workflows for Media and Entertainment
- Introduction to Networking, Routing, & Switching Essentials
- Essentials of IP Media Transport for Broadcasters: Moving Real-Time Video and Audio Over Packet Networks
- IMF Essentials: What You Need to Know
- Understanding SMPTE ST 2110: Standards for Professional Media Over Managed IP Networks
Find details and registration info here.
Subscribe Now – Free!
Broadcast Dialogue has been required reading in the Canadian broadcast media for 25 years. When you subscribe, you join a community of connected professionals from media and broadcast related sectors from across the country.
The Weekly Briefing from Broadcast Dialogue is delivered exclusively to subscribers by email every Thursday. It’s your link to critical industry news, timely people moves, and excellent career advancement opportunities.
Let’s get started right now.